Eating well means eating a variety of foods to feel good and stay healthy. A healthy diet, along with working may also decrease your risk of disease and help you achieve – and maintain – a healthy weight. What’s great about healthy eating is its simplicity. Nutritious, balanced meals and healthy snacks can reduce the risk of heart disease and heart stroke while helping you control your weight, blood pressure, blood sugar and cholesterol and providing you nutrients your heart needs to function well.
Online shopping has made life easier. It is now convent to sit home and order food or fill your carts by picking up the finest ingredients-without stepping outside. Online Coupon Island is the hottest coupon portal that helps you shop and save more. Log in today to fetch countless discounts with up to 50% off and free shipping delivery.
Distinguish your intake:
A healthy diet can also contribute to your sense of well-being and give you more energy and vitality.
Consume these foods:
- vegetables (especially those that are dark green or orange)
- whole grains (such as barley, brown rice, oats, quinoa and wild rice)
- low fat milk (skim, 1% or 2%) and milk alternatives such as fortified soy beverages
- fish (such as char, herring, mackerel, salmon, sardines and trout)
- lean meat (skin and fat removed)
- meat alternatives (such as beans, lentils and tofu)
The following foods and beverages should be consumed only occasionally and in limited quantities since they are high in calories, fat, sugar and / or sodium.
- Cakes and pastries
- Ice cream and frozen desserts
- Fast food
- Fruit flavored drinks and soft drinks
Food healthiest for the heart:
- More whole grains. Choose at least half of your servings of grains as whole grains, like brown rice, oatmeal and whole wheat bread 100%.
- Milk, less fat. Choose dairy products with reduced fat content, such as skim milk, 1% or 2%, yogurt and cheese to reduced fat content or fortified soy beverages.
- Meat leaner. Reduce your intake of saturated fat by eating chicken, fish and lean meats. Eat at least two servings of fish per week.
- Choose the right oil. Choose healthy fats such as canola oil, olive oil or soy, non-hydrogenated margarines, salad dressings and poor fat mayonnaise.
Do not forget to click on coupon codes to avail instant discounts from an array of stores: Efoods Direct, Buy Whole Food Online , California Delicious, Magic Kitchen, The Herheys Stone and many more. Happy Eating!